Saturday night, Pomatomus and I stayed up pretty late together. I made some real progress – until I came to a point in Row 13 of Chart B that made no sense. For half an hour, I tried to figure out where I had gone wrong. Then I wondered if perhaps there were corrections to the pattern, which I printed out a while ago, and spent another hour Googling for variations on “Pomatomus Row 13”. When that turned up nothing, I gave up and went to bed.

Sunday morning I realized what had happened – I had missed a yarnover. No wonder my stitch count was off! I picked it up and merrily began work again.

Late Sunday night, I lost my place. Was I on Row 15? Row 16? Something didn’t look right. I un-knit a round. It looked better. I re-knit the round. I noticed that I’d gone wrong three rounds before. Yes, it was Row 13, come back to haunt me. I resolved to un-knit again on Monday, and that I would never work on this sock again unless I was 100% awake and alert. I did try to take a picture, but I couldn’t get one that showed the problem spot very well. It looked like a close-up of a tangle of stitches – and I suppose that’s what it is, but that doesn’t make for good pictures.

Today after work (and a doctor’s appointment, and probably a nap) I will start the un-knitting. Hopefully it won’t be too hard to find my place in the pattern again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments are closed.