I’m back from Christmas with the inlaws, and back to knitting on the Trekking Ribbed Sock. I’ve been worried that it’s going to be too small. My previous sock was too loose at 68 stitches on size 1 needles, so I
overcompensated made this one with 64 stitches on size 0 needles, and also added quite a bit of ribbing. Today I decided that it’s finally long enough in the foot to attempt a try-on.
It might fit.
I didn’t bother putting the stitches onto waste yarn, so I couldn’t pull it all the way up my foot. But I was able to get the cuff over my heel. My plan is to finish the thing with the hope that it will fit when the foot is done. As long as I can get it on, I know it will be all right and I’ll knit the second sock. Then I’ll put them both on, get them sopping wet, and wear them dry (maybe with some help from the hairdryer). That oughta block ’em out into perfect shape.
Next time, I will compensate with less stitches OR smaller needles OR lots of ribbing, but not all three at once.