Firstly, an awesome person from Ravelry was able to help me out with the Pirate Booty yarn. She has a whole skein but small feet, so she asked me to estimate what I needed and she’ll mail it to me. How great is that? I did the math and came out with ten or twelve rows remaining, so I told her that I guessed 12 feet would be enough. I hope that’s enough. I’m nervous now that it’s not, but I didn’t want to ask for more than I needed! Anyway, I expect that to come in the mail sometime next week, and then I can get this sock done.
Also, I am getting started on Pirate-Husband’s Plain Socks. I’m using Regia 4-ply in a marled brown/brown/black colorway, and just doing plain top-down socks with a flap heel and gusset. I measured his feet yesterday and took a gauge swatch off some other Regia socks I made. 9 stitches to the inch, times 10 inches around his feet, minus 10% for ease, gives me 80 stitches (okay, 81, but 80 is a nice round number). These should go pretty fast! I’ll take pictures when there’s something to show.